Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Commencement, A Genesis.

I have been imagining putting together a blog that people would be happy to look at.  It completely terrifies me and excites me all at once.  I have many blogs that I follow, and get excited when they put up a new post.  My thought was, "So, why can't I do this?"

I am a new stay at home mama.  I am also an art therapist that is working my way to becoming certified but couldn't bare the thought that our baby was being raised by someone else & daily changing and growing.  So here I am, two weeks in and finding myself a little intellectually & socially deprived. And needing a way to reach out and connect with others.

So what am I going to blog about?  I'm not completely sure yet.  However, I think that is a part of the adventure.  The word abundant has been coming into my head a lot lately.  I have also been thinking about ways to find joy in the everyday "stuff".  Finding a way to have fun and love where I am, right now and bring others, {possibly} along in my fun!

We've been hearing in the news, Instagram, Facebook, etc. about commencement addresses all over the country.  Commencement means "a beginning, a new start".  I think that is appropriate for where I am at right now.  So I'm going to give it a go!  See where it leads.

Cultivating various quotes, pictures, books, art, artists, etc., etc., in an effort to help me to stay positive and look at all of the joy in my life.  I also have a slight obsession with manners, and would always hope to conduct myself in a manner of a Lady.  I know full well I'm not perfect, but even the pursuit of it makes me happy, so there will be posts on etiquette.  I hope in the following posts I'm able to inspire you to find the joyfulness in your life.  Maybe even finding it abundantly.  Lady Joyeux became my blog title when Lady JoyFULL was already taken and I also noticed it was already the name of a famous horse! Lest, someone would get us confused.

Any thoughts on what helps you cultivate abundance everyday?

I'll end with a quote from a book I read years ago in French class, and hope to hear from you!

Summer

  ______________________________________________________________________________

"What matters most are the simple pleasures so abundant that we all can enjoy them… Happiness doesn't lie in the objects we gather around us.  To find it all we need to do is open our eyes."

                        - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince 




  ________________________________________________________________________________

4 comments: